---CreativePep's innovative solutions to simplify your research.
CreativePep specializes in the development and GMP manufacture of pharmaceutical grade peptides. We have close working relationships with our clients through all stages of product development. Whether it is a small pilot batch peptide synthesis, or a full-scale commercial launch, outsourcing with CreativePep for your peptides or active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) will enable you to grow your business without having to add staff, equipment and costly manufacturing infrastructure.
We have the capacity to produce GMP peptides, APIs in annual quantities of hundreds of kilograms. The availability of low-cost active pharmaceutical ingredients from CreativePep has had a big impact on the international API manufacturers. Large scale cGMP manufacturing requires a commitment to excellence. Using CreativePep as your contract research organization and contract manufacturing organization, you get more choice, more responsiveness, and more expertise to realize your exciting drug discovery and development support.
GMP Custom Peptide Development
Our manufacturing capabilities are designed to meet actual and future customer needs in respect of
• Synthesis strategy (i.e. solid phase peptide synthesis, solution phase peptide synthesis)
• Protection groups (i.e. Boc-, Fmoc - processes)
• Purification strategy (i.e. preparative HPLC, conventional chromatography, ion exchange, gel chromatography, counter-current distribution)
• Flexibility and upscaling
• Special customer request (i.e. dedicated production lines)
• Special equipment (i.e. enzymatic unit, electrolysis unit)
For finished dosage forms intended for clinical trials or commercial supply, CreativePep offers for its Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
• Formulation development
• Compatibility studies
• Sterile filling in cooperation with partners
• Stability studies
Scale & Synthesis Strategies We manufacture peptides up to 50 amino acids in length and in quantities that can range from gram to multi-kg quantities. Our robust, economical manufacturing processes will help optimize the costs of development. A full range of synthetic technologies are available. The final choice depends on the sequence length, the scale, and the specific project requirements.
• Large-Scale Liquid (Solution) Phase Peptide Synthesis (LPPS)
LPPS is the technology of choice for manufacturing short peptides or structures that are inappropriate for a resin matrix. This approach ultimately provides a cost-effective process for large-scale manufacture of multi-10 kg to multi-100 kg lots.
• Large-Scale Solid Phase Peptide Synthesis (SPPS)
SPPS is the technology of choice for manufacturing most peptides in up to multi-10 kg quantities, especially those with longer, more complex sequences. We offer both Fmoc- and tBoc-based solid-phase manufacturing.
Scale Hybrid Fragment Synthesis
This technology, which involves coupling shorter, SPPS generated sequences together in solution, is particularly suitable for some longer peptide structures, offering higher yields than «straight-through» SPPS.
• Large-Scale Purification
Modern preparative high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) technology has greatly facilitated the bulk manufacture of high purity peptides, suitable for pharmaceutical applications. Thanks to the available technology, the latest equipment and high level expertise, we are capable of achieving the necessary purity of products at almost any scale, from a few grams or less to a 10 kilograms or more. Purification is usually performed by liquid-phase chromatography, using
- reverse-phase HPLC with columns up to 30 cm in diameter;
- ion exhange chromatography with columns up to 1 meter in diameter;
- size exclusion chromatography up to 1 meter in diameter.
• Large-Scale Isolation
Final isolation of peptides is typically achieved by lyophilization, using
- bottle and tray lyophilizers permitting the isolation of single lots of up to 10 kg for highly soluble peptides;
- tray lyophilizers of 100 kg of ice capacity: these are the largest currently used in commercial synthetic peptide manufacture by any organization.
Alternative isolation procedures such as precipitation and spray drying, which can be scaled to process significantly larger single lots than lyophilization permits, are being explored for appropriate APIs.