Photo Cross Linkers
* Please be kindly noted that our services can only be used for research to organizations or companies and not intended for individuals.
Cross-linking refers to the process of chemically bonding two or more molecules through a covalent bond. The crosslinker comprises a reactive end which is reactive with specific functional groups located on proteins or other molecules, such as primary amines and sulfhydryl groups. Multiple chemical groups on proteins and polypeptides can be used for cross-linking, so proteins and polypeptides can be used as targets for coupling in studies using cross-linking methods.
Cross-linkers are used to determine the relationship between adjacent proteins as well as ligand-receptor interactions. Photo-reactive crosslinkers are widely used for nonspecific bioconjugation. While numerous options exist, the two most common photo-reactive chemical groups are diazirines and aryl-azides. Photo cross linkers are used for the study of protein-protein or protein-oligonucleotide interactions in living cells. They are typically used in the following manner:
- Photo-cross-linkers are incorporated in the desired proteins or oligonucleotides within cells.
- Cells are exposed to UV radiation to induce the cross-linking between molecules in contact to the cross-linking functional groups.
- Following cross-linking, the target molecule of interest and its cross-linked complexes are isolated using immune-purification and analyzed using mass spectrometry.
Advantages of photo-crosslinking:
- Generates site-specific
- A simple and reproducible process without the requirement for genetic engineering or pre-activated scaffolds
- High crosslinking efficiency
- Conjugation is achieved without compromising the antigen binding affinity
Creative Peptides is committed in exploiting new technologies and providing comprehensive peptides modification and conjugation services to help our clients with various projects, please contact us for more information and a detailed quote. We have advanced technical support, strong comprehensive strength, rich quality management experience, and huge scale effect. Creative Peptides provides high-quality, low-cost, high-tech peptide products to customers around the world. Every step of peptide synthesis is subject to Creative Peptides’ stringent quality control. Typical delivery specifications include:
- HPLC chromatogram
- Mass spec analysis
- Synthesis report
- Certificate of Analyses
1. Hino, N., Okazaki, Y., Kobayashi, T., Hayashi, A., Sakamoto, K., & Yokoyama, S. (2005). Protein photo-cross-linking in mammalian cells by site-specific incorporation of a photoreactive amino acid. Nature methods, 2(3), 201.
2. Kramer, K., Sachsenberg, T., Beckmann, B. M., Qamar, S., Boon, K. L., Hentze, M. W. & Urlaub, H. (2014). Photo-cross-linking and high-resolution mass spectrometry for assignment of RNA-binding sites in RNA-binding proteins. Nature methods, 11(10), 1064.