Surface Plasmon Resonance Imaging (SPRi) Service
* Please be kindly noted that our services can only be used for research to organizations or companies and not intended for individuals.
Surface Plasmon Resonance imaging (SPRi), namely surface plasmon resonance microscopy (SPRM), is a real-time, label-free, and high-throughput technique which is used to study biomolecular interactions based on detecting the refractive index changes resulting from molecular binding. More specifically, SPRi has been developed to examine affinity between biomolecules, screen biomarkers and detect biopsy specimens.
Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) is an optical detection process that occurs when a polarized light hits a prism covered by a thin planar metal (typically gold or silver) layer. At certain angles of incidence, a portion of the light energy couples through the gold coating and creates a surface plasmon wave at the sample and gold surface interface. The angle of incident light required to sustain the surface plasmon wave is very sensitive to changes in refractive index at the surface (due to mass change), and it is these changes that are used to monitor the association and dissociation of biomolecules.
Kinetic characterization by Surface Plasmon Resonance and other methods has already been an important step for drug researchers to select and characterize novel therapeutics as well as for basic life scientists to investigate specific biological binding events. When combined with appropriate surface chemistry, microfluidics and software, SPRi is unmatched in its range of applications including:
In conclusion, SPRi is a well-established leading technology for measuring binding association (ka) and dissociation rates (kd), affinities (KD). Creative Peptides offers SPRi (Surface Plasmon Resonance imaging) services including Biochip design and printing, Bio-interactions analysis (binding affinity and kinetic processes detection), Summary and analysis of the results. Typical SPRi services include:
- Protein/protein interaction
- Protein/carbohydrates interaction
- Protein/DNA interactions
- Antibody (protein)/bacteria interactions
As for our clients, all you need to do is just tell us the essential details of the experiment, and then our scientists will provide a comprehensive solution to match their scenario. At the end of the service they will get the result of the SPRi and the full experiment data.
1. Guner, H., Ozgur, E., Kokturk, G., Celik, M., Esen, E., Topal, A. E & Dana, A. (2017). A smartphone based surface plasmon resonance imaging (SPRi) platform for on-site biodetection. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 239, 571-577.
2. Zhang, F., Wang, S., Yin, L., Yang, Y., Guan, Y., Wang, W & Tao, N. (2015). Quantification of epidermal growth factor receptor expression level and binding kinetics on cell surfaces by surface plasmon resonance imaging. Analytical chemistry, 87(19), 9960-9965.