Peptides-Metal Chelates Conjugation
* Please be kindly noted that our services can only be used for research to organizations or companies and not intended for individuals.
Peptides-Metal Chelates Conjugation is a kind of compound with cyclic structure which is formed by chelation reaction between peptide and metal ions. It has many special biological activities. It can improve the bioavailability of metal ions by means of the absorption mechanism of peptides in the body, and has physiological and biochemical characteristics that inorganic metal ions do not have. At present, the chelate prepared by chelating peptide (Fig1）with the essential trace element (Fe3+, Ca2+, Zn2+) has become a new metal ion supplement, offer an attractive approach for both imaging of cancer tissues and as therapies that deliver cytotoxic cargo to cancer cells, which has attracted more and more attention. Therefore, Peptides-Metal Chelates Conjugation not only has the activity of promoting the absorption of metal ions, but also may have high biological activities, such as antioxidant, antibacterial and so on, and has great R & D value.
Fig1. Peptides conjugated to metal chelates
Application of Peptides-Metal Chelates Conjugation
- For molecular imaging
Molecular imaging has become an indispensable tool in modern diagnostics in biomedical research and therapeutic fields. Cancer cells that express or overexpress specific receptors has lead to the development of synthetic peptides that target these receptors. Peptides conjugated to metal chelates (e.g, DOTA, NOTA, etc.) offer an attractive approach for both imaging of cancer tissues and as therapies that deliver cytotoxic cargo to cancer cells.
- As metal ion supplement
Promoting metal ion absorption is one of the most important functions of Peptides-Metal Chelates Conjugation. In organism, the bioavailability of chelate iron is higher than that of inorganic iron. The reason is that the chelates in the form of carriers enable iron ions located at the center of the ring structure to pass smoothly through the brushing edge of the intestinal mucosa, thus promoting the absorption, transport and utilization of iron.
- As antioxidant or bacteriostatic agents
After chelating peptides from different sources with metal ions, the chelates obtained were higher than those of unchelated peptides in antioxidation, antimicrobial activity or other special biological activities, or the chelates obtained some biological activities which were not found in unchelated peptides. Since peptides, one of the raw materials of chelates, come from natural animal and plant proteins, there is almost no safety problem. Therefore, chelates as antioxidants or bacteriostatic agents have great advantages and prospects in food, cosmetics and other industries.
Creative Peptides has developed a reliable method for peptides-metal chelates conjugation. Creative Peptides has a large number of researchers who will tailor the most appropriate methods to suit your needs and 100% guaranteed service for customers. Besides, the all-round literature database has been set up, which provides the technical support for products. Our company guarantees peptides-every step of metal chelates conjugation synthesis is subject to strict quality control.
1. Wang Zihuai. A. (2014). Research Progress of Peptide Metal Ion chelates. Science and Technology of Food Industry. 35(8);359-361.
2. Sai, K. K. S., Sattiraju, A., Almaguel, F. G., Xuan, A., Rideout, S., Krishnaswamy, R. S & Mintz, A. (2017). Peptide-based PET imaging of the tumor restricted IL13RA2 biomarker. Oncotarget, 8(31), 50997.
Related Peptide Service
- Peptide-RNA Conjugation
- NHS-Activated Peptide Conjugation Magnetic Beads
- Peptide-siRNA Conjugation
- Peptide-enzyme Conjugation
- Peptides-Imaging Agents Conjugation
- Peptides-Carraier Protein Conjugation
- Peptide-oligonucleotide Conjugation
- Peptide-small-molecule Conjugation
- Peptide-DNA Conjugation
- Peptide-Antibody Conjugation
- Gold/Silver Nanoparticles Conjugation Service
- Peptides-Fatty Acids Conjugation