Recombinant Peptide Synthesis
* Please kindly note that our products and services can only be used to support research purposes (Not for clinical use).
For many years, chemical synthesis of large peptides and proteins has been a daunting task. The expansive progression in different ligation methods assists in the successful fulfillment of this large order. Since the building blocks can be obtained efficiently either by stepwise solid-phase synthetic or by recombinant methods, the limitation of size to produce synthetic or semisynthetic proteins is no longer a concern. Recombinant peptide is a manipulated form of peptide encoded by recombinant DNA, which has been cloned in a foreign expression system to supports the expression of the exogenous gene. This recombinant DNA construct can be used to manufacture large quantities of useful protein products. The recombinant DNA, usually the cDNA sequence of the target peptide, is designed to be under the control of a well-characterized promoter to express the target peptide within the chosen host cell to achieve high-level protein expression.
Synthesis of recombinant peptide
- Design and construction of a expression vector
- Expression and purification of recombinant fused peptides
- Proteolytic cleavage and purification of recombinant peptides
Fig. 1 Synthesis of recombinant peptide
Why Choose Creative Peptides?
- Superior Precision: Creative Peptides’ recombinant peptide technology provides custom peptides exactly as requested. Every step of peptide synthesis is subject to Creative Peptides’ stringent quality control.
- Excellent Procedure: Conventional chemical peptide synthesis has only limited abilities to synthesize long or complicated peptides, whereas our proprietary recombinant peptide technology can handle the toughest possible peptide sequences, of any length, on any scale.
- Scalable System: In quantities of several milligrams up to 100 grams.
- Low Cost: Our recombinant peptide package provides a confidential and efficient service at competitive prices for large-scale, long, and complicated peptide production.
- Consistency: With fewer steps than conventional peptide synthesis, recombinant peptide technology produces synthetic peptides with high levels of consistency.
1. Bodanszky, M. (2012). Principles of peptide synthesis (Vol. 16). Springer Science & Business Media.
2. Gordon, E. M., Barrett, R. W., Dower, W. J., Fodor, S. P., & Gallop, M. A. (1994). Applications of combinatorial technologies to drug discovery. 2. Combinatorial organic synthesis, library screening strategies, and future directions. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 37(10), 1385-1401.
3. Li, Y. (2011). Recombinant production of antimicrobial peptides in Escherichia coli: a review. Protein expression and purification, 80(2), 260-267.
Related Peptide Service
- Oligopeptide Synthesis
- D Amino Acid Peptide Synthesis Service
- Large Scale Peptide Synthesis
- De novo Peptide Design
- Custom Peptide Inhibitors Synthesis Service
- Chemical and Biological Production of Disulfide Rich Backbone-cyclized Peptides
- Bicyclic Peptides Synthesis Service
- Custom MHC-peptides Tetramer Service
- Long Peptides Synthesis
- Special Antigen Peptides Services
- Peptide Nucleic Acid Synthesis Service
- Peptoid Synthesis
- Stapled Peptide Synthesis
- Glycopeptides Synthesis Service
- Multiple Antigenic Peptides and Dendrimers